Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Frank Pletz



Frank Pletz, the first person whom I met in Opus Dei. Frank made it possible for me to make a retreat at Layton Study Center in February 1958. I was the only person making the retreat  and Frank made it  possible that there be two.  I understood the Work after one meditation on Friday night, Frank with me.
Thank you, Frank.

Frank Pletz finished his race at 2:25 pm today, July 23, 2014. May he rest in peace and may perpetual light shine upon him. 

The ICU team "extubated" the oxygen tube at 1:55 pm and replaced it with an oxygen mask. His vital signs rollercoasted for the next 30 minutes and he reached the finish line 30 minutes later.

He had been well prepared spiritually. In his last minutes, Sandy, Greg and I prayed the prayer for a happy death from the Via Crucis as we held onto his hands. He faded away as we finished with the last paragraph of the Preces, Gaudium cum pace... Seconds after he died, Fr. Javier del Castillo arrived and prayed over him as well. 


No comments: